I came across this collection of 25 free royalty free music tracks from Jaybot7. They are fun tracks in a variety of styles with some pretty good guitar playing on some of them.
These tracks are available to download and use in personal and commercial projects completely royalty free. The composer only asks for a credit 25 Free Royalty Free Music Tracks
Here are the “small details” Jabot7 has posted in regards to using his music:
Small details: The only thing I ask if you use one of the following tracks is that you shoot me an email using the contact page, and give Credit to Jaybot7 LLC somewhere in the project.
Yes, you can absolutely use this in a commercial project (the kind that you charge money for). No, you donâ€™t have to pay me anything. Just make sure you contact me and give me credit somewhere as stated above. The only thing you canâ€™t do with these Royalty Free tracks is re-license or sub-license them (meaning, you canâ€™t simply download them and start selling them as your own).
A friend of mine sent me a link to Finalight.com which is a new website that sells VFX stock footage. For those of you that may not be familiar with the term VFX is short for ‘visual effects’ and is used to describe all the computer generated effects you see in films these days.
Finalight.com sells elements like smoke, fire, shockwaves and explosions that you can use to add to your video or film project. You need basic compositing knowledge to add the effects to your project but the guys at Finallight have made it pretty easy by providing masks and well-filmed or computer generated elements.
They have three elements available on their site here http://www.finalight.com/-/maindir/webpages/STHANKS.php
So you can test them out to see if you want to purchase anything from their library.
I purchased a flame effect and added it to a quick VFX test I am working. Take a look here
Adding audio to your website or blog post isn’t always as simple as it sounds. I put together a quick tutorial using my favorite little plug ‘n’ play flash embed code for adding a nice looking audio to player to a web page or blog post.
Here is an example of the player:
1. Upload the music to your server in MP3 format. If the MP3 file exists on a server somewhere else you just need to grab the URL of that file (but remember if the owners of the server change the location of that file your embedded music will no longer work).
2. Copy the URL, it will look something like this
3. Copy the code below and save it somewhere on your computer so you have easy access to it
4. Where you see MP3_FILE_URL in the code above replace that with your URL, so your code would now look something like this
5. Now paste the result into your blog post or web page and you will get a nice looking flash player for your audio file.