Many people mistakenly believe that the Christmas classics that they hear year after year in their shopping malls and department stores are all in the public domain and can be used freely in their videos and projects. Below is a list compile by Nathaniel Patchner of rightsworkshop.com of the 10 Christmas Songs you probably thought were in the public domain but aren’t;
1. Winter Wonderland
2. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
3. White Christmas
4. Iâ€™ll Be Home For Christmas
5. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire)
6. Let It Snow! Let It Snow! Let It Snow!
7. Jingle Bell Rock
8. Frosty The Snowman
9. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
10. The Little Drummer Boy
If you are looking for recordings of Christmas songs that are in the public domain check out our Christmas Audio Resources Section.
If you need help licensing a non-public domain Christmas song please contact rightsworkshop.com