The most frequently asked questions from our site
Free Sound Effects
Music Licensing Software
Royalty Free License
Custom Music for My Project
Royalty Free Music Radio
Musicloops.com Affiliate Program
1. Can I use the free sound effects in my commercial project? [TOP]
We cannot grant or deny use for the sounds that are in the 'for personal use' categories as they were not created by us.
You can use the sounds in the public domain section but again we did not create these so we cannot grant or deny permission for their use or be in any way responsible for the authenticity. You are probably safe to use them but you are doing so at your own risk.
2. How do I download a sound effect?
When you hear a sound effect that you like you simply right-click directly on the big link that says 'Download This Sound Effect' (on a Mac control_click) and choose 'Save link target as' from the menu that pops up.
This will allow you to save the sound effect to your hard drive.
3. I like one of the sounds in the 'for personal use only' category. Can you make me a CD with it or sell me the rights to use it? [TOP]
No, since we do not own these sounds we cannot alter them and/or sell them to you.
We do have a range of relaxation CDs
available with a variety of hour long nature sounds.
4. Can I get permission from Partners In Rhyme to use these sounds? [TOP]
We can only give permission for use for the sound effects that we created. They are located here:
5. I see prices on these sound effects, I thought they were free? [TOP]
If you look closely at each free sound effects page you will see two columns. The column on the left has links to all of the free sound effects. The column on the right has links to professional royalty free sound effects available on our sound-effect.com website.
6. What is Music Licensing Software? [TOP]
MusicLicensingSoftware.com is a new software project we are developing that will enable all composers to easily set up and run their own music licensing websites on their own servers. Please contact us to be put on the list for advance notice of availability.
7. Can you please tell me if midi music is allowed to be put into ones website???
Someone told me that it was not legal and a person can be sued??? [TOP]
What they have told you is essentially true. If your website is a personal website, one that does not intend to make any money, then you are probably safe. It is still illegal but the songwriters associations won't bother you. If you play music on your website and that website is making money in some way they have the right to ask you for a percentage of that money.
This is just concerning the copyright of the original artist and record label.
There is also the mechanical copyright of the person who actually put the time and effort into creating the midi file itself. If you accidentally get hold of a midi file created by a company that is particularly vigilant then they might actually sue the person who is illegally using the midi file. This has happened on many occasions,
The midi files on our site are safe from the second kind of lawsuit threat but you still have to consider the songwriter's rights.
This is the reason we offer completely royalty free midi files for you to use free of charge
8. What can I use the music that is available in your store for? [TOP]
- Film: You can use Partners In Rhyme royalty free music in a big budget Hollywood film, an independant documentary, your student film project or your most recent amateur (but incredibly brilliant) film project.
No matter how big the project is you will never have to pay another royalty or broadcasting fee when you download background music from Partners In Rhyme.
- Television: You can use Partners In Rhyme royalty free music for TV commercials, sitcom theme songs or incidental music, as background music for infomercials or in movie trailers and promos.
No matter how big the project is you will never have to pay another royalty or broadcasting fee.
Most of our tracks have a variety of edits making it very easy to drop into 15 sec, 30 sec, or 60sec spots.
- Video / DVD: You can use Partners In Rhyme royalty free music or background music in your wedding videos, your latest YouTube submission, your straight-to-video movie, your hypnosis / meditation / yoga / excercise / cooking / basketweaving DVD or just in the video of your family vacation. There is no limit on how many copies you print and distribute you will never have to pay another royalty.
To use the royalty free music from one of our collections in your YouTube submission of your friend falling of his skateboard might cost $79.95
To use that same music as background music for your cooking show DVD with a projected run of 500,000 copies distributed worldwide would still only cost $79.95
- Theatre: You can use our background music in your professional Broadway production or in your local school play and everything in between.
For example: to use a Partners In Rhyme royalty free music clip in your school play might costs $24.95,
to use the music in your hit Broadway show that is just about to go on a nation-wide tour still costs $24.94.
- Radio: You can use our royalty free background music in your professional or amateur radio broadcasts as background music for newscasts, talk shows, incidental music or simply play the songs to your listeners.
No reporting to ASCAP or BMI, our one-time fee means you only pay one time.
- Podcasts: You can use our royalty free music in your podcasts as background music or even to fill out your music program a bit. With the new royalty laws for online radio shows making it so expensive to simply play a song our music might take some of the burden off as you do not have pay anything in fees to performing right agencies when you use it.
- Video Games / Websites / Flash: With our huge variety of loops and edits you can download just what you need for a very affordable price. All of our loops are edited to loop seamlessly and again there are no royalties, fees or limits on how many projects you use the background music in.
- Physical Products: You can use Partners In Rhyme royalty free background music in your physical products such as alarm clocks, toys, music boxes, etc.
9. Is there anything I can't use the music and sound effects available in your store for? [TOP]
- You cannot resell this music as it is
- you cannot download this music and sell it as a ringtone.
- you cannot create an audio CD using only our music (with no voice-over) and sell it.
- you cannot distribute our music as a separate collection of audio files for your video game, software package or web application (they must be embedded into the game).
- you cannot sub-license our background music in any way (letting other people use the music in their projects for a fee)
This, in most cases, includes web applications that offer a menu of music for their clients to create new content with (you cannot take our music library and turn it into your own music library to distribute to others).
- you cannot use the music or sound effects in a mobile application whose main focus is the music or sound effects, for example you cannot buy our relaxation meditation music and then create a relaxing meditation music mobile app with it. This includes iPhone apps, Android Apps and any other kind of mobile platform.
(you can however use the audio you purchase as background audio in a mobile app like a standard video game)
- You cannot post the music on your website for download:
You can use Partners In Rhyme music as background music for your website but you cannot give your visitors links to download the audio files to their hard drives.
10. Can I mix your music into my music? [TOP]
- No, we do not allow the repurposing of the music in our catalog into new music. This includes simply adding lyrics and singing over our music. Or adding a new musical element.
You are allowed to edit and alter the music you purchase from us and even add musical or lyrical elements if still used as a synched element to video or film or other such multimedia.
But you would still never be able to resell that edited music as your own for example on a soundtrack audio CD from your film. You would have to leave any of our music off of the soundtrack audio CD because we still own that music.
11. I need music especially created for my project. Can you help? [TOP]
We have a new service called Composer Connection that we have started and are now ready to open to the public in general.
We have access to more than 100 very talented and professional composers that are currently working with Partners In Rhyme.
Having access to this pool of musicians and producers has turned out to be an incredible resource when it comes to custom music requests.
How It Works
What we do is very simple, you tell us what you want musically as best you can and possibly provide samples of the style you like and we send the request out to our entire list of composers to see who might be interested in taking on the project.
So far it has been a great success and our clients have been pleasantly surprised at the quality, the turn-around time and the price for all of the projects we have done so far.
There are two basic types of projects,
1. work-for-hire; where the client keeps all rights to whatever music is created and receives signed documentation of the transfer of rights. This option is more expensive but from what I have seen it can also be very affordable.
2. composer-keeps-the-rights; this is less expensive because the composer retains the rights to the music.
Surprising affordable. Contact us for more info.
12. How Do I Join PartnersInRhyme.com as a Composer? [TOP]
All new composers need to be reviewed and accepted to our website at musicloops.com before being considered for inclusion in the PartnersInRhyme.com catalog. Please follow this link and read the submission guidelines carefully.
13. What is RoyaltyFreeMusicRadio.com? [TOP]
RoyaltyFreeMusicRadio.com is a radio station that you can play in your place of business, like a store or restaurant, and completely avoid paying the high fees and possible legal hassles of dealing with ASCAP, BMI, PPL, PRS and all of the other performing rights organizations that charge you a huge yearly fee just to play some nice music for your customers.
14. How Much Does it Cost? [TOP]
Our service costs $59.95 a year and you receive a Public Performance License certificate that you can print out to prove that you are using directly licensed music in your establishment and that you have no dealings whatsoever with the PRO investigators that may come snooping around your business.
15. Sounds Good, How Much Does A Normal License Cost [TOP]
A normal license from BMI, ASCAP and the like can run you from $500 a year to much much more. You also have to pay three different entities in the US and 2 different entities in the UK.
16. Do You Have Any Affiliate Programs? [TOP]
Yes, on our website at www.musicloops.com you can signup for our affiliate program and earn 15% of all sales that you refer to our website.
You can sign up here and start promoting today